Sunday, December 26, 2010

Painting feathers....on a windy day.

I love the whole process of painting in nature. I love
wandering around looking for the perfect spot.



I love gathering potential subjects....(I always dream of
painting a pine cone-but lack the courage yet...)



And finally settling on a subject, then beginning to paint.




I love the whole process, the watery beginnings (pictured above),
before the the darks go on and the finishing off.

And painting a feather on a windy day you ask? Well....the
paint dries quickly in the wind- and there is something
humorous about scurrying after your feather and trying to
secure it with erasers and paint brushes.

But more than anything it is the luxury of losing yourself in
in concentration, on mossy ground, by a lake. Feeling the wind
and being so glad to be out and a part of it.


No comments: