Monday, February 6, 2012

::A Birthday::





We celebrated a birthday last week and had a little
party. My oldest boy turned 9, which seems just a
hairs breadth from 10 really. How can this be??!
He is such a fabulous mix of growing maturity and
knowing, together with the freedom still of being a
child.
I wish I could show you photos of the merriment
at his birthday party. Of jovial little boys having fun.
We did such simple things, like bobbing for apples and
eating donuts on strings and luckily it was fun and
joyful and enough with out being too much. I must
admit to being a little relieved that it is all over for
another year!
Every year we seem to some how refine the whole
birthday celebration just a little. In the last little
while I have started leaving a trail of rose petals
leading to the birthday table. And also, to my
delight started wrapping the presents in pastel
play cloths instead of paper. Why didn't I do this
before??!

No comments: