Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Candles.....

Today was an egg candle making day.
Some would say that it is a bit of a process,
and well...they could be right.

I started out with a dozen eggs from our
chooks and inspiration from this wonderful
book.

First I cracked open all the eggs, made a small
hole in the bottom and threaded the wick through.




Then I filled each with beeswax, securing the wick
with matchsticks.




When it had cooled I cracked open the eggs......



And set to work to decorate them.



I used thin candle decorating wax and tiny cake decorating
cutters. And the results......well I was rather pleased.



And of course we had to light one on the table at dinner
time, just to make sure that they worked.


Before they are parcelled off to the school
fundraiser, for which they were intended.
I do hope they will be enjoyed in their
new homes!

No comments: